10 meal prep secrets
Table of Contents
When it comes to meal prepping it can be hard to continue it every week, especially when you have a busy schedule. Using a meal prep system to help you burn fat is one of the most efficient ways to keep you on track for your goals. These are the 10 best tips to help you meal prep and keep you on track to reach your goals.
Make Sure You Have The Right Containers
- When it comes to meal prepping it is most important to have the right containers. From separating to reheating when you have your lunch or dinner all in the right areas it makes your meal more appetizing to eat. This is also great to help you portion out your meals better.
Nail Down A System For Collecting New Recipes
- When it comes to meal prepping it can get boring and repetitive. This is what causes a lot of people to fall off the meal prep wagon. It is important to make sure to screenshot or save recipes that you find throughout the week so that you can make sure to try them the next time you are prepping.
Make A Detailed Shopping List for meal prepping
- It is important when you are trying to meal prep that you have everything that you need. It is best to keep it simple but detailed. Make a list of all the ingredients (including spices) that you will need. Before you go shopping cross off your list what you already have in your home. Then when you go out you are not buying more than what you need.
Set A Timer (And Stick To It)
- Meal prep can take up a lot of your time if you are doing it wrong. When you set a timer – and stick to it – it helps to make sure that you aren’t spending all of your time prepping and instead you can enjoy your free time.
Become A Better Multitasker
- If you are trying to meal prep you need to become a master of multitasking. Multitasking is one of the few ways that you will actually be able to get everything done within your timer. Cooking veggies and meat at the same time in different pots is a great way to save time. Or using “one-pan” recipes and cooking in your oven.
Know What’s In Your Pantry
- Knowing what is in your pantry and grocery shopping go hand in hand. When you are meal prepping it is important to know what you have. This will help you kick down on the time you are spending prepping and it can help you come up with new ideas for lunch and dinner.
Invest In A Slow Cooker Or A Instant Pot
- A great way to help you meal prep is by buying a slow cooker or an instant pot. Both of these will help you to cut down on time when you are prepping.
Prep More Proteins
- When you prep more proteins it is easier to fill your meals with foods that are going to keep you fuller longer.
Lean On Leftovers
- Leaning on leftovers for prepping is great because it offers you a change in your meal prepping without going out of your healthy variation.
Vary Your Vegetables
- Just like your proteins, it is important to make sure that you vary your veggies. When it comes to having different foods you will get tired less quickly of what you are eating.