How to Stay Positive and Motivated Every Day
Table of Contents
They say where the mind goes the body follows. In other words, you need the right attitude and a positive mindset to achieve the goals you’ve set for yourself. This is true in fitness, business, sports, or any other aspect of life.
If you’re looking to achieve a great body or lift a certain amount of weight, then you need to get your mind right. Approaching a goal with a negative mindset not only feels bad in the moment, it prevents you from achieving positive goals in your future.
So how do you get your mind in the right place to achieve these extraordinary feats? One crucial tool you can use to empower yourself is words. There are different terms you should use when it comes to pursuing fitness excellence in any form. While nothing is guaranteed, your chances at success are much greater if you focus on choosing positive words.
Replace “Can” with “Will”
While “can” is not always a negative word, the problem is that it leaves too much room for quitting. If you’ve already set a goal, then it’s likely you’ve established that it IS possible. In other words, you already know you “can”, so what’s the point of repeating it?
One way to instantly establish that you “will” do something is to say it. If someone asks you about a certain weight on a bar, don’t just say that you “can”, decide that you “will.” Repeat to yourself “I will get that weight for 10 reps,” and immediately your confidence will skyrocket!
Replace “Workout” with “Training”
A hard lifting session is a “workout” just like a walk on the treadmill is, but the level of intensity can vary quite dramatically. While “workout” and “training” are often used interchangeably, the word “training” brings with it a sense of purpose. Where “working out” tends to be geared towards aesthetics, “training” is a different level of commitment to your fitness goals. You can “work out” to look good, but you can “train” to win a competition- see the difference?
Replace “Diet” with “Program”
The dreaded “d” word is one with a lot of negative stigma attached to it. The word “diet” often manifests feelings of depravation, struggle, and failure- never good things to feel when your goal is to bring more positive actions into your life. When we think of “diets”, we think of unpleasant temporary fixes, but isn’t the main goal of a diet to bring positive results?
Replacing the word “diet” with “program” has the same effect that “workout” does with “program”. It means you are serious about results, and you are committed to making positive changes in your life. Where diets are often associated with failure, programs are associated with success. A diet is a fleeting idea, but a program is a daily routine that holds you accountable to implementing positive changes in your life.
You Can Do It
To get your body in shape, you first have to get your mind in shape. Putting effort into thinking positive words will bring you closer to your fitness goals and make you feel good during the whole process.
There's no doubt that staying positive and motivated every day can be a challenge. However, by following these simple tips, you can make it a lot easier. By staying positive, you will be able to keep your energy up during challenging times and maintain a positive outlook on life. Additionally, by incorporating some simple motivational techniques into your daily routine, you will be able to stay on track and achieve your goals.
Answers You Want To Know
1. What are some techniques that I can use to stay positive and motivated throughout the day?
When it comes to staying positive and motivated throughout the day, some techniques that you can use are as follows:
- Make a list of your top 5 positive things that have happened during the day, and keep it with you. This will help to remind you of all the good things that have happened, and will help you stay positive even when tough times come.
- Take some time every morning to reflect on these good times and write them down. By focusing on past progress, you'll remain optimistic about the future and be more likely to move forward in spite of challenging situations.
- When something gets tough - whether it's an argument with your partner or a difficult work task - take a few minutes to focus on those 5 positives again. This will help to center yourself and refocus on the bigger picture.
- Recognize that progress is always happening even when we don't see it right now, and continue moving forward in spite of fluctuations. With each step taken, you're building upon a foundation that will eventually lead to success.
2. What are some common things that cause mood swings, and how can I Address them?
One of the most common causes of mood swings is stress, anxiety and depression. If you're struggling with a negative mood, it's important to first address the root of the problem. This may involve talking to a friend, therapist or doctor. There are many different ways to address negative emotions and stay positive, such as meditation. It's also important to find activities or things that make you happy and stick to them every day. So, try something new every week and see how it makes you feel. You never know, it might just be the key to combating your bad mood!
3. How do I deal with negative thoughts when they come up, and prevent them from taking over my mind completely?
When negative thoughts come up, it's important to remember that they're just thoughts. They don't have to control you or ruin your day. In fact, thinking positive thoughts can actually help to prevent negative thoughts from taking over your mind in the first place.
One way to do this is by focusing on your breath. When you focus on your breath, you're essentially training your brain to think positively.
Additionally, write down your thoughts and then read them back over once you're done with them. This will help you organize them better andTrack your progress.
Finally, try some visualization exercises that will help you achieve your goals or picture a happy moment from the past.
4. Why do some days feel harder than others when it comes to staying positive and motivated?
It's natural for days to feel harder than others when it comes to staying positive and motivated. However, if you can learn how to manage these tough times, then you will be on your way to success.
Here are a few tips that can help:
- Keep a positive attitude even during challenging moments- It's important to maintain a positive mindset in the face of difficult circumstances. Seeing the good in any situation will help you stay strong and motivated.
- Take small steps forward instead of giving up easily- When things get tough, it's easy to give up and take a step back. Instead, take small but consistent steps towards your goals in order to build momentum and stay on track.
- Find something good in every situation- Even when things are tough, don't forget to find something good about the situation. This can help you shift your focus and perspective, leading to a more positive outlook overall.
- Make goals for the day/week- Having goals for the day or week can keep you on track and motivated throughout the hard times. By setting measurable and achievable goals, you'll be able to stay focused and motivated while working towards your long-term goals.
5. What is the most important advice that I can give to people struggling to find motivation?
One of the most important pieces of advice that you can give to people struggling to find motivation is to find an approach that works for you. Everyone has different triggers and methods for dealing with stress and anxiety, so what works for one person might not work for another.
However, there are many ways to stay positive and motivated. Some people prefer to set goals and develop a routine, while others may find inspiration in reading uplifting articles online or offline. Additionally, practicing yoga or meditation daily can be extremely helpful in clearing your mind and helping you stay on track.
Lastly, listening to motivational music or podcasts on your way home can really help you wind down after a long day and start the next one with a fresh slate.